{new}

We welcome the new year today. {Remembering to write 2015 instead of 2014 might just prove to be my hardest struggle.} Some people welcome it by jumping right into their resolutions and hitting the gym hard. Some people shoot off fireworks. Some people kiss their significant other from 11:59pm to 12:01am. Some people make lists and lists of what they're going to change in this next year. Some people might not do anything particularly special. 

I managed to change out of the pi's I've been wearing for the past 3 days...into more pjs. 

It's hard for me to process the fact that 2014 is over and 2015 is here. Is it just me, or did it fly by? Is it that I'm getting older? Is that why things are flying by faster and faster? A whole lot of "Next year I..." phrases were said in 2014, and now next year is this year and the year in between is gone and, holy cow...wow.

Make your lists, make your resolutions. 

Bottle up 2014 and all it held and keep the memories. Open up, brace yourself and get ready for 2015. My list includes things like: Listen more. Say yes. Take more walks. Drink more water. Bake more bread. Write more letters. Take more pictures. Give something I hate another chance. Light more candles. Eat more broccoli and not so much Chickfila. Read more books. Snuggle more with littles. Have more serious conversations. Give more. Take less. Save money. De-clutter. Don't eat out as much. Hug more. Fight less. Smile. Laugh. Learn. Take it in.  Live in the moment.

I often get caught up in worry and frustration because what I think I want, and what I think is best for me, isn't happening when I want it to, which is, most of the time, right now. 

"Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He will act." Psalm 37:5

Or I feel defeated and downcast because I can't forget my many mess-ups and failures and goofs and I feel like it's impossible to get past any of them, therefore, I am unworthy of anything and probably would be better off staying in bed. Sometimes I feel as if no one would miss me if I didn't get up in the morning and, in fact, that they would be much better of without me. Basically: I'm human, a pitiful, selfish, fallen, sinful, pathetic human. 

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in Him. The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD" Lamentations 3:21-26

With the new year, we also welcome new mercies from God. We don't have to worry about our past sins and failures, because...

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness," 1 John 1:9

"...if you confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

"For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more." Hebrews 8:12

2014 was a year of learning for me...and I hope every year I live is the same, because I have a bunch of learning to do. 

I hope and pray that I continue to grow closer to my Savior in 2015 and that I strive to be more and more like Him everyday.

Hello 2015, I welcome you with excitement and anticipation to see what treasures you hold. 


"Finally, brothers whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8

Comments

Unknown said…
Great post Neva! And yes, 2014 was here and gone very quickly!!

Popular posts from this blog

{a better kind of beautiful}

{more than}

{dear daddy}