{You remember that time we were normal? Neither do I}

"What's the weirdest part of our family?"
Ben: "Your face."
Blessing: "Um...this plate." *points to the ice-cream-covered saucer she just finished eating birthday cake off of*
~
"Do You realize how unromantic a death like that would be? I can just picture you explaining how I died at my funeral... "Well, she had a baby tooth that never turned into a permanent one, a tricky and unlucky situation is how the dentist put it.""
~
"Hey, will you text Corban and have him get the frozen mouse out and put it in his pocket to thaw so that's it's ready for when I get home?"
"Um...sure."
~
"Hey dear, would you pick up the (large) order of chicken I just placed?"
"Wait...I ordered a bunch too."
*mom+dad's miscommunication=a big dinner and lots of leftovers*
~
"Check it out Neva, I made a lego sword. NOW I WILL RULE THE WORLD."
~
"He's like, as fast as hair."
"..."
~
"No no! It's not a bearded lady! It's her hair. It's her hair in the back, I just forgot the neck..."
*in regards to my horrible stick-figure drawing*
~
Mom: "What did we need from the store?"
Daughter: "Milk, butter, eggs, cereal, oatmeal..."
Dad:"Chicken gizzards. I need chicken gizzards. I ran out."
Mom+Daughter: "..."
~
*me buying candy+card for my brother's birthday*
"Today my little big brother turns 16 and I can barely handle this. This is his favorite candy. He's so awesome and I'm so proud and glad and happy. He looks a lot like me. Gosh. I'm also about to cry and I really wish time had a freeze button right now..."
Cashier: "Um...that'll be 4.67."
~
Mom:"We're going dress shopping tomorrow, it will probably take a few hours."
Hannah: "Mom, you're going shopping with Neva..."
Me: *shrugs* "..."
~
Cashier: "I like the whole red, white and blue thing you have going on with your outfit! Very patriotic."
Me:*looks down to see what I'm wearing because I forgot.* 
~
Katie: *opening pint of ice cream* "I don't think this is mine...I know this is mine!"
The rest of us: "..."
~
*me trying to fill our "outstanding student application"* "Mom, what have I done?"
Mom: "..."
Me: "I have no chance."
~
Me:*eats ice cream from the carton with a fork*
Hannah: "You know we're having cake tonight?"
Me: *takes another bite*


Above are actual conversations that have taken place in our home this past week...it's barely the tip of the huge, tightly placed iceberg of crazy we have going on here. And you know what? I'm loving it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{a better kind of beautiful}

{more than}

{dear daddy}