I'm currently sitting in the bed of my brother's truck...enjoying a wonderful breeze, listening to the "Anthem Lights" Pandora station...and getting bothered by a silly little bug.

It really is a beautiful evening...after an incredibly hot...boiling...steaming... Sweltering day, this is really making me happy.

I'm fairly positive that I am not the first website everyone checks daily...or that anyone relies on me to get news....so I am pretty sure that y'all know about the tornado that destroyed Moore, OK. The one that killed a number of people. Many children died.

How devastating this news was to my ears! It broke my heart. And I really have no other words than these: we MUST pray. We must pray for everyone who has been hit by this. We must pray for those who lost loved one. For those who lost their homes.

I don't know why things like this happen. Except for...God is in control. We must pray and ask for his wisdom. Comfort. Peace.

Today Mama and I were about to head out on a few errands...well, our big white van wouldn't start. Try and try as we might, it just wouldn't start up. Bummer. When a busy family like us is down one vehicle...not to mention the only one that is big enough to get us all from A to B....it's bad. We're pretty much stuck. Secluded from everyone.

But in the midst of the added stress, I thought about how much we have. Our house is still standing. Our entire family is safe. We have other cars. We take so much for granted! We took our van for granted....

In Moore, Oklahoma there are families who won't be able to sleep tonight. Some are grieving over the loss of precious children...some over other loved ones...a lot will be without a home.

And it's not just Moore Oklahoma! All over the world there are people who don't have food or clothing or a home. Or a family.

Stop right now and give thanks. Thank our God for blessing you. For what you have.

"Something you take for granted, someone else is praying for."

Please join me in prayer for those in Moore, Oklahoma.

And never stop being thankful for the blessings God has given you. Don't take anything for granted. We are not garrunteed another meal. Another night in a warm bed under a sturdy roof. A working car.  Another moment.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{a better kind of beautiful}

{more than}

{dear daddy}