{life as of late}


Life as of late has been crazy in the Morsel House. As I type this I feel a rush of details from the past few weeks swarm into my mind. We've been really busy. 

And even though I'm exhausted and really want to sleep for days and days and not have anything pressing in for our attention, I am so thankful for this time with my family. 

There's been stress and arguing. There's been many many late nights and many more early mornings. There's been failures and mistakes. There's been tears and frustrations. 

But there's been so much more laughter and sarcastic joking with each other.  There's been reminiscing late at night, and yummy biscuits waiting for us in the early morning topped with warm butter and honey. There's been so many successes and fantastic ideas ending with amazing results to be proud of. There's been so many smiles filled with joy.

Lately I've been constantly thinking of growing up and moving on. I'm almost 17, far from being old, but closer than I think to being older. We're growing up, my siblings and I. My older sister celebrated her 20th birthday last month, my little red-headed-taller-than-me brother turned 15, Spencer is graduating. Things are changing. Our "future" seems much closer than it did when I was 8 and wanted with all my heart to be in double digits.

I've also heard so many heart-breaking stories about families losing loved ones...parents losing their babies... I hear about families dealing with rejection and denial. About people who are sick and dying.

I'm learning everyday that these moments happening need to be treasured. Once a moment is gone...it's gone. Memories are all we have of the past. Time flies, and, if we're not careful, we'll lose sight of it. We'll forget this time in our life as we look forwards to our tomorrows. 

We're not guaranteed another day. Another hour. Another moment. Another second. Another breath. 

This time next year I'll be a senior, finishing up my last year of highschool. I'm already getting "the questions". {ie: "Where are you going to college?" "What are you gonna do with your life?"} I've been getting "the questions" for the past 2.5 years, but I've always thought: "Oh, I have plenty of time to think of that...gratuation is years away." Hello. It's next year.

I have no idea what God has in store for me. I have no idea where I'll be next year. I think about it, pretty much all the time. It's consuming my heart and mind. I'm continually asking myself questions I don't know the answer to. But I'm also realizing that: God does.God holds my past, present and future in His mighty Hands, and I need to fully trust in Him. 

That's what I'm learning. I'm learning to trust God with my future. I'm learning to live in the now. Live in the moment. I'm learning to treasure the moments happening around me.  

These precious moments with my family and friends that God has given me, I'm file-ling them away in my heart.


Adventures downtown with my 2 brothers and adorable pup.

Talking to a sweet baby girl about our day and the princess songs and her new fly friend named Lucy.
Silly boys who make silly faces.
Nap-time snuggles.


Making ridiculous faces at myself. And then feeling like a ridiculous human being, which, of course, I am.
These gorgeous sisters of mine.


My amazing mother who does so much and is constantly building each of us up.
My beautiful, talented older sister who puts up with me.
Walking through fields with daddy and the boys watching a falcon fly down to us.
Hearing my sisters type away on their Christmas present...and catching baby girl trying to do the same thing.
 Hearing my mama play the piano. She is so amazingly talented.
Extra time in the morning to read God's Word.

 Cat naps in the warm afternoon sun.
Baby girl playing with herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I always seem to sit down ready to post just a short, catch-up post, and then it turns into some kind of public journal entry. Not sure how or why that happens...but it does.

Life is moving. Going fast. Treasure the moments with me folks! Try not to get stressed or anxious or too tired for anything! Because: 

"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{a better kind of beautiful}

{more than}

{dear daddy}