"..to do far more abundantly than we could ever ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
{smiles}
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
goodness gracious. I have a thing for smiles. Especially the smiles of precious little children. Thank you Jesus for putting so many wonderful little people in my life!
"Behold, children are a heritage from Yahweh, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed in the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate." Psalm 127:3-5 Those are my people. My best friends. My favorite humans to exist in this world. They are, and will always be, my brothers and sisters. I was once asked if I ever wished my parents didn't have so many kids...if I had ever wished that they had just stopped at 3 or 4. My short, out-loud answer was: No way. My longer, inner-dialougue answer is, well, this: As a selfish human being sometimes I come close to it. Obviously, we are fallen. Sin is a powerful force against humans, and yes, some days I admit, I have bitter feelings against the brother who left the sink full of his dirty dishes, or the sister who ripped my favorite shirt, or the little boys who are j...
Watching you grow up has been a joy. I love your smile, your laugh, your snuggles, your eyes, your sweet "I love you's", your bed head, your crazy antics, your energy, your wit, the conversations we carry on late at night in the kitchen... I love you, now and forever. And I wish you would stay this little forever. I wish time would pause, and you would be 4 and 1/2 for the rest of time. I want to be able to keep you from all the darkness this world offers, I want to shelter you from hatred and hurt, I want to shield your innocent eyes from the filth of sin that consumes this world. I want to protect you from the unattainable standards this culture puts on us to be "perfect". I want you to only see and hear the good things. I want you to dream big and not be afraid to try new things. I want you to be confident and bold about who you are. I want you to be kind and loving, and I want people to be kind and loving towards you. I don't want you...
When people ask me what I want to be or do with my life my answer is the same as it was when I was five: "I want to have a family...be a wife to my Prince Charming and a mommy to sweet kids." I think that's every little girl's dream at some point in her lifetime, but in many cases that dream changes. Not for me it hasn't. I'm a 16 year old junior in high school, and I want to be a wife and a mommy with all my heart. This past year I have been blessed with many opportunities to babysit little kiddos outside of my family. I spend 3 mornings a week watching kids from 8 months to 2.5 years old, 6-12 at a time. They are precious! I have grown to love them so much over the past 3 months. I love how they went from crying and being shy and having separation anxiety to running in and saying "Hi!" And at times giving me a hug. We read books, throw balls, dress baby dolls 23 times, do puzzles, make imaginary food and enjoy delicious meals, we blow bubbl...
Comments